Monday 3 July 2017

Secrets To A Long Lasting Relationship

I've been with my partner Tristan for 4 years on the 13th July and I've discovered a lot about being in a long term relationship. So these are some tips and hints that I've discovered over the few years. 


Firstly, always trust your partner. Don't stand there and second guess or judge what they doing but this all depends on the situation. But I've always said that a loving and forgiving relationship is better than a untrusting and grudge holding one. 

We always make sure that if we have an argument that we never go a bed asleep angry with each other. We always work out everything before we go to bed, even if this means we are up til 3am sorting things out, it gets sorted. This means as well that when you wake up it's a new day and that means a clean slate. Normally one of us will make the other person breakfast in bed to sort of make up for it all. Just a small gesture.

Always make sure that you say 'good morning' and 'I love you' to each other. I was try and set up Tristan's day in a positive way. 


The power of the hug. Remember to hug daily, it releases endrophines. 


Always see how their day is going. Tristan and I will text each other or phone each other whilst we are on our breaks so we can see how there day is going. It's something that is now a habit. I do love it though, because if either of us feel like we need to get off our chests because of work is rubbish then we can. Or if we have juicy gossip then we gossip away. 

I love being seen with Tristan, it makes me all squishy inside. Be proud of being in the relationship, remember no one obviously wants to see public displays of affection. But a sweet show of affection is acceptable. For instance, if I'm cooking food, will come over and put his arms around my waist from behind and give me a quick kiss on the side of the head or on my cheek. This makes me go all gooey inside, it's a sweet show of affection.

Hold each others hands. It might be an obvious thing to say but it's a way of showing public affection that isn't over the top.

Do not forget about a monthly date night. We always make sure that at least once a month we do something together that we enjoy. I get very excited about our monthly date nights. These might be a movie night with a takeaway or a nice walk. I'm thinking of doing a 'date night' posts, to go hand in hand with this post. That will be coming soon.

These are a few of my secrets to my long lasting relationship. I hope these are helpful to you. 

Shall see you guys soon

Kim 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment