Monday 18 January 2016

What I've Learned In My First 4 Months of Blogging!!

Hello! Thank you for returning to my blog or if you are new here then thank you for taking the time to have a nose into my little corner of the internet. Anyway today's post is going to be about what I have learned in 4 months of blogging. Today, the 18th January marks my 4 month anniversary since launching my blog back in September 2015. I've learned loads in them 4 months. I do know that I have so much more to learn. I'm still a newbie to this world. 

- Communication & interaction. Communicating & interacting with your followers will help you so much. Showing that you are interested in others helps you gain friends as well as followers. Leaving blog comments is vital as well. Leaving blog comments shows people who you follow you are a keen follower and you take time out of your day to read peoples posts. Join in on chats that happen on Twitter, there are so many to choose from. There's #bbloggers chat, #thegirlgang, the #lbloggers chat. There's so many to choose from that I can't list them all.

- Don't compare yourself to other bloggers. Focus on your own blog, YES you can look at other bloggers but use them as an inspiration or for ideas. Use the ideas you get and tweak them to suit your blog. Don't full blown copy them because it will make you look like you haven't got a creative bone in your body.

- Using the correct hashtags or RT groups that make sense with what your posts are about. If you are someone who has just posted a beauty post then you don't want to hashtag life bloggers or even parent bloggers. You are wanting to attract the correct audience. 

- If you are taking blogging seriously then you want to make it a brand, so buying a domain name could be one way of doing this. Another way would be to make yourself look more professional with your blog headers, social buttons and other java script add ons. I have yet to buy a domain name however I can see the benefits of doing it! 

- Make your "About Me Page" something that shows your personality. There isnt nothing more boring than reading someone's about me page and it is like this "I'm 22 years old and I'm a fan of cats." For instance you could write something like this instead "Some people call me the crazy cat lady however I prefer to be called a cat enthusiast, makes me sound less crazy. Haha!"

There are a few things I've learned over the first 4 months. What have you learned since you've start blogging? Let me know below!


Before you go.. I thought I would let you know that my beauty giveway is still running. If you haven't entered into it and you want to win, then click here. 

 Until next time!
 Kim xx







No comments:

Post a Comment