Friday 23 October 2015

How To Use Your Spare Time Productively.

I always find myself being lazy around the house, either laying in bed playing around on the laptop or slumped on the sofa watching TV. I'm never really doing something productive at all, until I really have to do it, which results in normally last minute rush around. Considering that I have mornings off and I work evenings/nights, I'm always twiddling my thumbs waiting to go to work.  

So here's my ways to keep myself being productive and using my spare time well, instead of just lazying around. 


As I am writing this, I'm snuggled up in bed under the duvet, with the TV on and candles lit. Which might seem lazy but I'm too comfortable to move. That leads me onto the first thing I want to talk about. I have the habit and I'm sure you can relate to this too, the "I'm too comfortable to move" mode. I find it that I might of watched a TV show and after that I don't want to get up and go. I find that setting myself tasks for a day is the best way to get it anything done. I have a routine when things have to be done by now in the morning. I don't have a regimented scheduled for every day of the week but on certain mornings I have everything planned. 

~

Find a hobby! Finding a hobby to kill spare time is always good, especially if it's a hobby where you can see your progression or see the results from doing it. For instance, I use to play badminton competitively however due to injury I had to retire. This was my hobby for around 5 years that I use to have. I always looked for something to keep me entertained which was hard and it took me around 3 years to find a hobby again that I actually liked which is blogging. 

Hobbies can range from; sports, cooking, baking, reading, dancing, candle making, scrapbooking and gardening. 

~

Volunteering your spare time. Some many charities would love to have more volunteers, helping within the charity itself or helping with events that they might have running. Research your local area for charities that you can get involved in. There's so many out there.

~

Clear out the clutter in your house. Sometimes I find it useful to get rid of crap out the house. I personally find that I accumulate lots of nik naks, just things that aren't important or useful or I don't needed anymore. I find that going through the cupboards and drawers is a good thing. The way I see it, is if when you see or hold the object your wanting to get rid off and as you are holding it you don't feel any special from it, like really strong memories, or something like that then get rid of it. Especially if you have multiples of it.   

~

Go for walks/go exploring. I find that going for walks is beneficial for so many different ways, for instance; you get exercise, gets you outdoors and some fresh air and the photo opportunities especially at this time of year they are amazing. You've probably seen loads of autumnal photo's over Twitter and Instagram. If you are heading to country parks they offer some good trails to follow as I'm sure you would be able to get some great photos too. I find that some castles or cathedrals grounds are good. Going into small, villages or towns for the day, especially seaside towns.


So just a quick round up:

- Plan your days, make your spare time filled with things.
- Get out of the "I'm too comfortable to move mode." 
- Finding a hobby.
- Volunteering.
- Clear the Clutter in the house.
- Go for walk/ Go exploring.

I hope that some of these tips can help you use your spare time more wisely or help you to become more productively. 

Until next time.. 





No comments:

Post a Comment