Sunday 7 February 2016

Setting The Ground Rules - Wedding Edition

Well hello there. Today's blog is a bit of a different one. I am going to clear something up from the get go. I'm not engaged and that I know of Tristan isn't going to be proposing any time soon! Haha!... I can hint all I want however Tristan and I don't want to rush into marriage. However some couples rush into it all, it's all a personal choice at the end of the day. I personally don't agree with rushing into marriage, it's not a decision that should be taken lightly. 


Something that I personally find important when it comes to marriage is that whoever I'm going to marry they have to ask my mum and dad for permission. A lot of people may see this as being too "traditional" however I was brought up with certain traditions and values installed into me. My parents are of that age where traditional values are something that they stand by.


I would love to have a traditional wedding with a modern twist on it. I sometimes watch 'Don't Tell The Bride' on BBC Three and I cringe when I see a wedding that is a wrestler themed or even marvel themed or something that I see as not the "norm". I don't agree with this. 

I personally want a white dress and this is something that I want to stand by. I personally feel like white or ivory is what every bride should be in unless they have a deep meaning behind them going with another colour. For instance I was watching 'Say Yes To The Dress' and the woman wanted a wedding dress that was pink in colour, because their mother was a survivor of breast cancer. This I agree with but other than that I don't personally understand. 

I would love to involve my favourite colour into the wedding. My favourite colour is red and this is something that could be added into the wedding so easily through the flower arrangements, table decorations and invitations. 


This is so cute... I love this sort of thing! I think it's just the simple added touches like this that make a wedding.

I would love to have a grand venue. I want the wedding of my dreams which means something that is big and not too over the top. Some of you might know, if you've been a reading of my blog from the start that I'm 1 of 7 children so where ever the venue is, it has to be large enough to house my family and the other extensive family members, let alone the groom's family members.

I would love to have a personalised sweet cart at the wedding. I like the idea of being able to pick sweets and letting the sugar run through the nephews and niece's veins! Haha.

Someone said the other day to me would you want a photo booth at my wedding and the answer to that is hell no. I don't want something that is just 'ewwww' in my mind. I personally think that weddings should be elegant and not trashy. Some of the things I've heard about things that have happened in photo booths, I wouldn't want that to happen at my wedding.

I loved the idea my cousin had for their wedding which was to put a selfie stick on every table so everyone could get pictures of the day. Here's just one of the many photos we got last year. 




I just want to say, if you are planning a wedding and you've got some of these things in your wedding and I've said I don't like them. Don't take it to heart, it's just my personal opinion. Everyone's personal opinion is different. 

Let me know whether you liked this sort of blog. I don't normally post about things like this. However recently I'm finding myself talking more and more openly recently, which I'm really liking. 

Until next time.

Kim xx





















No comments:

Post a Comment