Monday 22 February 2016

The 200 Day Tone!

Hey there! It's that time of the year where I'm starting to get really excited for the summer! I was day dreaming over a cup of hot cocoa of somewhere hot with crystal clear blue water and barely a cloud in the sky. This is where I checked my countdown app and discovered that I'm going to Crete in 200 days! Eeek!



For any of you that might not know this will be my second trip aboard but my first going on my own without any form of family around. So I'm nervous and excited and basically a ball of emotions about the whole trip. I am going away with Tristan and this is something that is comforting me. At least if we get lost we will be lost together! Haha! 

We've staying in a 4 star adults only hotel called the Elounda Blu in a room with a private pool just off our balcony area! With a clear view of the aqua blue sea! Ahhhh.... Now I'm saying this I feel like I need to jump on the band wagon and just tone up a little for our holiday!! 


For some reason people never believe me when I say I'm between a size 12-14. I don't know why, they always react like I should be skinnier than what I'm saying I am! However I can assure you I'm a 12-14. I use to be more toned and I use to have a lot more muscle than I do now. My past history of playing sports and badminton always kept me achieve and toned. However I let go around 3/4 years ago so I see myself as a ball of blubber now. So it's time to tone up and get in slightly better shape than a potato! 

To start of with I'm going to getting back into kettlercise! For those who don't know what this is, it is where you would swing a kettle bell around for an hour and this would help tone muscle and burn fat. It's an all body work out and can literally be done anywhere. You don't need to go to a fancy gym or class, you can buy your own kettle bell and then YouTube Kettlercise work outs and there are so many to choose from. I like the ones that. Does because they have ones that are specific muscle grouped based so you can focus on abs or legs. Whatever floats your boat for that day. 


Also pairing with that I will be increasing my water in take. This is important in general, the average person should drink at least 2 litres of water a day. So I will often buy myself a 1 litre bottle and I will have to remember to drink at least 1 bottle whilst I'm at home and another one whilst I'm at work. That way my drink intake is spread out over the day. 

The reason why I'm talking about water because often you can feel hungry however could actually be your body crying out for water. So before you sit down to eat always drink a glass of water and wait around 20 minutes. If you are still hungry then eat.

Crap food. I know personally I eat a lot of crap food, I like things that I don't have to prepare or think about I like to be able to get some food out the cupboard or fridge and it's done. I have a really sweet tooth. I personally find cutting it all out in general is a bad idea because all your body craves is sugar. I find that cutting back will be more helpful. Instance if you have 2 cans of Coke a day, cut back to one! You still get your sugar fix but you don't get as much sugar being taken into your body. 

I have found myself recently cooking pasta and adding a small amount of mayonnaise and added ham or chicken into it. This is a high carb and could be a high protein meal (dependent on how much meat you add).

Change other small things in life like:

  - Taking the stairs instead of the lift whilst out shopping. 
- Have brown bread instead of white.
- Do sit ups or run up and down the stairs at home during the adverts of your favourite TV shows. 
- Swap Sugar for sweeteners.
- Add a slice of lemon to your water. Lemon actually kickstarts your body in the morning and helps your metabolism wake up a bit. Faster your metabolism is, the quicker you will loose weight when paired with a good diet and exercise! 
- Make sure you walk at least 10,000 steps a day. Most smart phones now days you can download a pedometer App onto it. I've got one on mine and I walk around 12,000 steps on an average work day. If not buy a pedometer! 


There just a few things that you could change in your everyday routines to help you lose weight, tone up or just eat slightly healthier! ☺️ 

So right now at the start of this 200 day tone, I'm 11st 1lb. So my target is to try and get to 10st 3lbs. Which is a target lose of 12lb, I believe this is a good target to aim for with the amount of time I got. 

I will stay keep checking in with you guys as the week process. Have a great day! Let me know below whether you are starting to tone up for a holiday or just in general. Let me know what you guys are doing to help you get to that target weight. 

As always, until next time. 
Much love 
Kim xx 






No comments:

Post a Comment