Wednesday 2 December 2015

In The Middle Of Nowhere - Finlake Holiday Resort.

As you guys already know if you follow me on my social medias and my blog that I spent a week away in Devon as a joint birthday holiday between Tristan and myself. We decided to stay at a place called Finlake which is nestled in the countryside in Chudleigh, just outside of Newton Abbott. 

Imagine pulling into the turning for Finlake and having to drive up a drive that is around 800 yards long before you even reach the reception. Anyway we decided to stay in the A frame Scandinavian Lodge because knowing from past experience of going to Finlake these lodges are nestled in the woods. You feel like you are in the middle of no where. They have a range of different lodges on site that you can chose from.


These are what the lodges look like from the outside. You can tell they are nestled in the woods, it looks so beautiful. The inside of the lodge is very nice, has a country feel in the kitchen with the tiling.


The living room was just as nice with a nice leather L shaped sofa and one the of the most comfiest seats I've ever sat in. 



Just to top it off we booked a lodge that had a hot tub and sauna built into the lodge, which is just heaven. Talking about heaven the bedroom of the lodge was so nice, they gave us robs and towels which was not expected. Above the bed was this netting which was a cute touch. I was trying to take a pictures of the bedroom however Tristan refused to get out of bed. So you guys have got a couple of pictures of Tristan in bed. He doesn't care, which makes me laugh. 



Finlake is a family orientated place however is prefect for couples, or groups of friends. They are just amazing. There is so many things to do on site, which if you don't want to go far then you can do one of the many things they have on site. They have the following things; both indoor and outdoor swimming pool, gym (saunas in some lodges and in the complex), exercise classes, beauty treatment rooms, outdoor play area, tennis courts, golf course (9 hole), woodland walks, high ropes (go ape style), rock climbing wall, arcaded room, restaurant and bar with a pool table and much more. They have more activities such as archery through out the year and more things planned during the school holidays.

Tristan and I tried out the restaurant one morning for breakfast and that was really nice. This might be sad for me to say this however, the site has now started selling Costa coffee on the site. Ahhh, fudge caramel hot chocolate with breakfast was amazing. The bar in the evening was lovely, we had a few drinks whilst playing a few rounds on the pool table. 

We took advantage of the woodland walks which took us around a lake as well where we found some ducks. Of course me being me, I took bread with me so I could feed them. Tristan got some amazing photos of the ducks and me. 









Sorry for the bombardment of photos, but I just love Tristan's photography skills. If any of you guys are wondering where any part of my outfit is from then it is as followed; the scarf is from Primark, leather look jacket is from F&F, jeans are from Primark, Vans are from Schuh, handbag is from eBay.


We had a few issues with our lodge when we got there however the park responded quickly and efficiently. The boiler broke down and we asked to move lodge which they said got sorted for us within a matter of hours. Then the sauna in the second lodge kept causing the electrics to trip out so we moved lodge again. They gave us vouchers and money due to the inconvenience of everything that had gone on. Considering that I've been going to Finlake for around 11 years, this is the first time that I personally have had an issue with the accommodation on the site. 

I would recommend a stay at Finlake if anyone is looking for a week or 2 away from home. They are reasonably priced for what they offer. If you want to book with them I would recommend booking with them and not through Hoseasons. It works out sometimes cheaper to book with them directly than to book through Hoseasons. 

If you want there contact details then they are as listed below. 
Finlake's Telephone: 01626 853833

I will posting a few more blogs about things we did in Devon, so keep your eyes open for them. 

Until next time


















No comments:

Post a Comment